Baked fruits are a quick and healthy breakfast or snack option for all Ayurvedic constitutions.Vata may appreciate baked fruits with melted ghee, high Pitta constitutions may slightly reduce the amount of cinnamon and choose sweeter fruit types, whilst Kapha constitutions may choose sour fruits such as pineapple.
Below are two variations of baked apple recipe, which can be adapted to any fruit selection.
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKED FRUITS
- 2-3 apples (or any other fruits that is suited to your constitution)
- Spices (cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg…)
- 1 tsp ghee per apple (for vata constitution)
- Wash the apples and take the core out.
- Stuff the core with a cinnamon stick (or powder), raisins (optional) and a little ghee or butter.
- Place in a Le Creuset-type cast iron pot. Close with the lid.
- Bake for 15-20min on 150 degrees.
- Then turn off the oven and leave them there as long as you need, or until soft and slightly caramelised.
- Serve warm sprinkled with roasted almonds (optional)
- Wrap two apples in foil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, add cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Serve warm. Vata may add a little ghee before serving
Bon appétit !