NATURAL HEALTH PREVENTIVE MEASURES
According to Ayurveda all disorders start with an imbalance of Agni (our digestive power). So keeping Agni balanced is the best way to stay healthy and disease free.
In light of the current Covid-19 European health crisis, I’d like to share a few dietary tips to keep the immune system strong and healthy.
According to Ayurveda all disorders start with an imbalance of Agni (our digestive power). So a good place to start is keeping your Agni balanced.
From a dietary perspective there are 10 basic habits to avoid, in order to keep a healthy Agni.
2. Eating without real hunger or without previous meal being totaly digested
3. Eating foods not suitable for your constitution
4. Emotional eating
5. Eating on the go, eating and watching tv, eating and talking too much etc.
6. Drinking large quantities of liquids during or right after a meal
7. Drinking cold/iced water or food at any time
8. Eating when constipated or emotionally disturbed
9. Eating too early before sunrise or too late after sunset (ideally when the sun is still up and 2hrs before bed time)
10. Eating incompatible food combinations (see table)