Many every day health imbalances can be prevented by adopting simple dietary habits. Most dietary habits to prevent heath imbalances are common sense, but may have been forgotten due to information overload, stress, hyperactivity and lack of connection with our intuitive faculty.
10 DIETARY HABITS TO PREVENT HEALTH IMBALANCES
According to Ayurveda all disorders start with an imbalance of Agni (our digestive fcuntion / digestive juices or enzymes). If agni is out of balance this will result in bad digestion, creation of toxins, manifestation an imbalance and over time disease.
So a good place to start to prevent disease is to keep our Agni strong and balanced. Here are 10 ways to strengthen our digestive fire naturally.
How do we keep agni healthy & strong ?
From a dietary perspective there are 10 basic dietary habits to prevent an imbalance of agni.
2. Eating without real hunger or without previous meal being totaly digested
3. Eating foods not suitable for your constitution
4. Emotional eating
5. Eating on the go, eating and watching tv, eating and talking too much etc.
6. Drinking large quantities of liquids during or right after a meal
7. Drinking cold/iced water or food at any time
8. Eating when constipated or emotionally disturbed
9. Eating too early before sunrise or too late after sunset (ideally when the sun is still up and 2hrs before bed time)
10. Eating incompatible food combinations (see table)
One way to go about those healthy dietary habits, is to start by implementing one at the time. Testing and learning. Observing improvements and then going on to the next one. It could be that you are already implementing most of them, in which case GREAT NEWS!! keep going.
Wishing you best of health !