This Ayurvedic digestive tonic, can be used to allieviate symptoms of flu, cold and cough.
You can make this tonic at home using ingredients found in any supermarket. It can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- 100g fresh ginger
- 6 limes
- 6 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 100ml water
- Cut, peel and blend ginger in blender with half a cup of water (or alternatively grate the ginger by hand)
- Squeeze out the ginger juice from the pulp
- Mix ginger juice with the juice of 6 limes, 6 teaspoons of honey and 3 teaspoons of brown sugar and up to 100ml water
Dosage / Posology :
- The ginger, lime and honey ayurvedic tonic, needs to be taken after meal only. It also needs to remixed with hot water.
- For quantities and posology according to your condition and constitution. Please contact your practitioner. It is not recommended to self medicated.
- For Covid-19 prevention The Ayurvedic Clinic in London recommends the following : if you are experiencing cold/cough or flu-like symptoms take a small cup of this drink twice a day. Mix half a cup of hot water with 1 tablespoon of the ginger lime and honey mixture
We recommend that you consult a certified Ayurvedic practitioner for optimal dosage, preparation method and treatment.
Natural Health practitioner | Educator
Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner
Certified Ayurveda Massage Therapist
Certified Yoga Teacher
Registered Member AAPUK