A natural home made remedy for warts and verruca.
“Warts and verrucas are small lumps on the skin that most people have at some point in their life. They usually go away on their own but may take months or even years.
- Warts feel firm and rough. They can appear on palms, knuckles, knees and fingers.
- Warts are usually skin coloured but may appear darker on dark skin.
- Verrucas appear on your feet. They have tiny black dots under the hard skin.
- Some warts are round, flat and can be yellow (plane warts). You can have many of them.
- Clusters of warts, spread over an area of skin (mosaic warts) are common on feet and hands.
Warts do not cause you any harm, but some people find them itchy, painful or embarrassing. Verrucas are more likely to be painful – like standing on a needle.
You can treat warts if they bother you, keep coming back or are painful.” source & more info: https://www.nhs.uk
- Mix raw brown rice (organic prefered) with white vinegar.
- Leave for approx 3 days, or until the preparation is fermented.
- Grind the remedy into a thick paste. You can add more vinegar if needed.
- Place the wart remedy into a hermetic container.
- For the next 1-2 weeks or until the wart/ verruca has completely dissapeared, apply daily (1-2 times) with a toothpick just a little bit on the verruca. Leave as long as possible. It is a good idea to apply it at night so that the wart remedy can stay long enough on the wart / verruca.
- Don’t cover the wart when it has the remedy on. The rest of the time especially for plantar verruca it is ok to cover to avoid it from spreading.
- Scrap the dead skin as you go along. But do not make the wart / verruca bleed.
- Keep hands and area clean.
Important Note : None of those home remedies replace allopathic medication or medical consultation. We recommend you consult a physician or ayurvedic consultant for optimal dosage, posology and method of preparation according to your constitution and medical condition. Children, pregnant mothers and genital wart please consult a dr before applying any remedy.
Ayurveda Practitioner & Educator (Nutrition – Lifestyle – Herbal Medicine – Massage Therapies)
BA (Hons), DipPrac(Ayur), DipALN(Ayur), DipAMT(Ayur), Yoga Instructor