This anti-inflammatory porridge recipe is recommended for conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis to help reduce the inflammation and eliminate accumulated toxins by optimising the digestive function.
Anti-inflammatory Porridge Recipe
- White rice (basmati preferred) – 1 cup
- Garam masala spices – 1/4 tsp
- Coconut milk – 1 tsp
- Water – 4 cups
- Rock salt – 1 pinch
- Dry roast the rice in a frying pan until it reaches a light gold colour. Toss with a wooden spatula from preventing it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Bring 4 x volume of water to boil in a pot then add rice and pinch rock salt.
- Cover and simmer on low flame, until there is only an 1 inch of water left.
- Add garam masala spices and coconut milk.
- Mix with a mixer until it reaches a smooth porridge consistency.
For prescription according to your condition please consult a certified ayurveda practitioner.