This healthy apple cake recipe is a total winner! Healthy & delicious. Light & moist. It makes the perfect breakfast or snack with a cup of tea.
The clever mix of spices and ingredients makes it satisfying for our taste buds as it covers the 6 tastes of ayurveda and easy to digest.
This healthy apple cake recipe was shared by the Ayurveda Institute in London and kindly baked for us students on several occasions!
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 4 teaspoons vanilla essence/powder
- 250g flour
- 250g jaggery or coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 500g of apples (cooking variety, peeled &cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 250g softened butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Flaked almonds
- Lime juice
- Peel and chop the apple into 2 inch pieces
- Keep the apple into a bowl of water with lime juice (to stop apple going brown)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Add the plain flour & baking powder/spices
- Mix together into smooth
- Place in a cake tin in the oven for approx. 20mins
- Decorate with flaked almond nuts (optional)
Enjoy the apple cake still a little warm on a cosy winter afternoon!