A light and healthy quinoa breakfast porridge. Suitable for kapha and pitta consitutions for a nourishing and hearty ayurveda breakfast .
100 g quinoa – you can also choose buckwheat flakes or oats – according to your ayurvedic practitioner recommendation
1/2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/4 tsp curcuma
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch pink salt & pepper
400ml oat milk, coconut milk or water according to your ayurvedic practitioner recommendation
2 tbsp raw sugar or 1 tsp of honey before serving (never heat up the honey)
- Melt the ghee or coco oil in a pot
- Add the cinnamon, curcuma, ginger and grain, mix for 2 min
- Mix in the milk, chia seeds and sugar (unless you choose to use honey) and cook well until the quinoa is cooked, thick and has absorbed the water.
- Leave to rest a few minutes
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon, a drizzle tahini and honey serve warm
Keeps in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Optional – You can decorate with your favourite toppings: roasted almond of hazelnuts, baked apples , baked peaches, avocado or coconut flakes.
Click here for a delicious ayurvedic rice porridge recipe alternative
Natural Health Practitioner | Educator