- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 10-12 green cardamom pods
- 8-10 cloves
- 12-15 black peppercorns
- ⅛ stick cinnamon
- 2 -3 tablespoons black tea, such as assam or ceylon
- Jaggery, molasses, honey or raw sugar cane
- Milk of your choice (almond, cow’s etc.)
- Crush spices lightly in a mortar and pestle.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil. Add ginger and crushed spices.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add tea leaves and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and mix in milk.
- Strain and add sugar to taste.
Relax an enjoy!