- Rich in antioxidants.
- Boosts heart health.
- Improves digestion.
- Increases energy
- Reduces inflammation.
- Good for teeth health.
- Fights off colds.
- 30cl water
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger (vata and pitta consitution) or 1/2 tsp powder ginger (for kapha only)
- 1/3 teaspoon green cardamom seeds (the ones you find inside the cardamom pods)
- 2 cloves
- 3 black peppercorns
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons black tea, such as assam or ceylon
- Jaggery, molasses, maple syrup, honey or raw sugar cane – according to constititution
- Milk of your choice or according to constitution (almond, rice, cow’s, goat etc.)
- Crush spices lightly in a mortar and pestle.
- In a pot, bring water to a boil. Add ginger and crushed spices.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add tea leaves and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and mix in milk.
- Strain and add sugar to taste.
Relax an enjoy!