This delicious and healthy Ayurveda sweet potato toast with avocado mash recipe is part of your detox / rejuvenation programme as arranged with your ayurvedic practitioner.
If you cannot digest avocado then we recommend using a simple mashed zucchini (pre-cooked) spread instead!
- 1 Sweet potato
- 1 Avocado – soft, organic
- Lime – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Basilic – to taste
- Optional – pinch curry or cumin
- Optional – 1 handful of pumpkin seeds
- Optional – micro herbs
- Wash the sweet potato thoroughly
- Slice it lengthwise into thin slices – like the size of a toast.
- Place sweet potatoe slices in a toaster until they are cooked. You may need to increase the toaster termperature / time setting. You would like them cooked and a little crunchy. Alternatively you can drizzle olive oil or ghee and bake the in the oven.
- Cut and remove flash of avocado into a bowl. With a fork mash the avocado flesh. Add lime juice, salt, pepper and finely chopped basilic. Stir to combine.
- Spread the mashed avocado mixture over your warm and crispy sweet potatoes.
- Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds and/or micro herbs
- Enjoy this delicious recipe !
Ayurveda Practitioner (Nutrition & Lifestyle) DipANC(Ayur) |DipPrac(Ayur)
Massage Therapies – DipAMT(Ayur) | Traditional Thai Massage
Yoga Instructor (Hatha | Yin | Trauma Informed)
The Ayurveda Centre – Athens