This simple apple compote is part of a simple ayurvedic detox plan as recommended by your Ayurvedic Nutritionist.
- 4 locally grown organic apples (pears and plums are also suitable for this recipe)
- A pinch cinnamon
- A pinch nutmeg
- A pinch cardamom
- A pinch powder ginger (or 1 slice fresh ginger for Vata)
- 1 clove
- 2 tsp ghee or butter (especially good for Vata or as instructed by your Ayurveda practitioner)
- Wash and peel the apples or selected fruits.
- Slice the apples in small cubes.
- In a pot heat butter or ghee. Add the spices and stir on low flam until fraguant – just a few seconds
- Add the apple (or fruit) cubes. Stir for 1-2 minutes until well covered with spices.
- Add hot filtered water just enough to cover the fruits. Bring to a boil. Lower the flame and let to simmer for 15min (or until soft) with a closed lid.
- Remove from the fire, leave to cool a few minutes. Blend if you wish to obtain a smooth consistency – adjusting the water content to taste.
- The detox fruit compote is ready to enjoy !
Ayurveda Practitioner (Nutrition & Lifestyle) DipANC(Ayur) |DipPrac(Ayur)
Massage Therapies – DipAMT(Ayur) | Traditional Thai Massage
Yoga Instructor (Hatha | Yin | Trauma Informed)
The Ayurveda Centre – Athens