This amazing gluten free bread recipe was discovered at the Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary and Holistic Spa Resort in Koh Samui, Thailand.
It is very nourishing and satisfying. It requires a strong agni – digestive fire – as it has quite a few ingredients although all are well cooked. Therefore not recommend for those with weakened digestive fire. It is delicious straight out from the oven with simply a little ghee or nut butter, guacamole or hummus.
It makes a delicious yeast free, gluten free breakfast bread alternative.
- 200g millet
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 60 g coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 g pink salt
- 1 pack dried apricot
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 pack coconut shavings (100g)
- Rinse and preshak millet for 15min
- Presoak chia seeds for 15min
- In a mixer bowl place millet, then chia seeds
- Add coconut oil, baking soda, salt, apricots, lemon juice and coconut shavings.
- Pre-heat the oven 160
- Mix the ingredients well in a mixer for a couple of minutes
- Pour into baking tray
- Cook for 1h30
- Leave to cool and enjoy with a dip, ghee, nut butter or jam!
Click here for alternative yeast free soda bread recipe
Written with much love, for the wonderful Jaya xx