These ayurvedic home remedies immediately help relieve stomach bloating and gas.
AYURVEDIC HOME REMEDY FOR BLOATING & GAS
Bloating and gas may be caused by weak digestive fire, incompatible food combination, wrong diet according to constitution (e.g. vata type food for vata predominent constitution), food allergies, constipation, stress, wrong eating habits such as excessive food intake, eating to fast or whilst doing something else etc.
According to ayurveda the main course of action is to prevent bloating in the first place by :
- Correcting agni – the digestive fire
- Supporting natural elimination to prevent constipation
- Eating the correct diet according to one’s constitution and imbalance.
If the stomach is already bloated and one experiences painful gas or flatulence, in addition to the main course of treatment, these simple home remedies will help reduce discomfort caused by bloating and gas.
1 . Massaging the stomach in a clockwise motion, with warm sesame or castor oil will also prove useful.
2. Herbs that are carminative i.e. help prevent and alleviate bloating and gas can be added to your food preparation or made as a tea :
- peppermint tea
- chamomile tea
3. The below garlic and fenugreek seeds home remedy recipe provides immediate bloating and gas relief.
- 1 cup per day – when bloating and gas is experienced
- Or as recommended by your ayurvedic practitioner.
- Garlic cloves – 3
- Fenugreek seeds – 2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Boil the garlic and fenugreek seeds for 7-10 minutes
- Leave to cool down
- Drink this remedy slowly and whilst still warm
None of those home remedies replace any medication or medical consultation. We recommend you consult a physician or ayurvedic consultant for optimal dosage, posology and method of preparation according to your constitution and medical condition.
Ayurveda Practitioner & Educator (Nutrition – Lifestyle – Herbal Medicine – Massage Therapies)
BA (Hons), DipPrac(Ayur), DipALN(Ayur), DipAMT(Ayur), Yoga Instructor