Roasted sweet potatoes with cinnamon make delicious breakfast, snack or side dish. Sweet potatoes are grounding, sweet, cooling and nourishing. A perfect dish to balance vata and pitta constitutions and imbalances.
Sweet potato are light to digest, are a spleen and liver tonic, support healthy bowel movement, nourishing to the tissues and reproductive system. There are sattvic and promote alkaline body.
Enjoy them with bitter greens and a portion of protein for a complete meal.
- 2-4 sweet potatoes, washed and cut into wedges or thick slices
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil (for pitta constitution)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (you can also use cumin or oregano according to your constitution and nature of imbalance)
- Pink Himalayan salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Prepare your sweet potatoes, you can remove or leave the skin on accodring to your personal preference. You can even choose to have them slice in two if you prefer something creamier and chunkier.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a oven-resistent glass dish (prefered vata consitutions/imbalances) or place the sweet potatoes on baking paper on a roasting tray.
- Drizzle oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper over the sweet potatoes. Make sure they are well covered. Vata consitutions/imbalances – may add a little water to keep them moist.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes in oven or until tender and slightly crispy on the top.
- Leave them to cool a bit and enjoy them as a side dish or own their own as a snack or a breakfast!
More sweet potato recipe here.