Here’s the simplest tarte aux pommes or French apple tart, with a dash of spices and butter to make it suitable for winter and vata constitutions….And just because butter makes everything taste so delicious !
The recipe is quick, healthy and makes a great desert or afternoon snack for everyone (kapha constitutions may skip the sugar or butter and may be more generous with the cinnamon.
This apple tart is light and easy to digest thanks to the nature of the ingredients and the spices.
Now let’s get down to business 🙂
- 5 apples organic from the local market if possible
- 1 ready made pastry (pâte feuilletée is my preference but you can choose whatever suits you or even make your own)
- Salted butter
- Raw sugar
- Wash, peel and cut the apples in very thin slices
- Place the pastry onto a tart baking dish, and make holes with a fork
- Place your apples, be GENEROUS please! The more apples the more delicious
- Cut a few (or more!) thin slices of butter, and place over the tart here and there. Vata constitution can be generous.
- Sprinkle a little raw sugar, cinnamon and cardamon to taste
- Bake in the oven on170-180 degrees Celsius for about 35-45min or until the apples are super tender yet crispy on top.
That’s it, I promise, nothing more, nothing less. This healthy apple tart desert is dead easy to prepare and
Mmmmmmm….its smells delicious and tastes delicious! Decorate it if you wish or just serve it as is – no fuss between us – right from the the baking dish!
Enjoy it warm 🙂
More apple recipes here
Natural Health Practitioner | Educator