This weight loss breakfast recipe is satisfying and will help prevent snacking during the day.
In ayurveda the key to lasting weight loss is to :
- Strengthen the agni (digestive fire)
- Support the body natural detoxification process
- Remove cause of the imbalance with suitable diet and lifestyle
So rather than fasting – although this can prove efficient for a short while and in specific conditions – Ayurveda suggests herbs to improve the body’s metabolism, to adjust the diet & lifestyle and encourages the patient to eat when they feel hungry, that is when their metabolism is at their strongest.
This is the Ayurveda way to reach one own’s ideal weight slowly but for good.
So let’s move onto that Ayurvedic weight loss breakfast recipe. The recipe also happens to be anti-inflammatory and immunity building.
- 1/2 cup green mung beans
- 1,5 cup white rice
- 2 Tbsp Coconut milk
- Hot Water
- Pink salt & pepper
- Toppings of your choice
- Soak half a cup of whole green mung beans in water for 8-12 hours.
- Place beans in a pot with one and a half cups of rice and four cups of water.
- When it boils, cook on low heat with the lid on for 15-17 minutes or until fully cooked. It should still be a mushy and sticky.
- Take it off the heat and add coconut milk (2 tablespoons coconut milk mixed with two small cups of hot water and half a teaspoon of pink salt).
- Mix well and warm up for another 2-3 minutes.
- You breakfast is ready, now you can add your favourite topping: nutmeg, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, almond flakes, a few raisins or a little maple syrup.
Enjoy your breakfast and stay healthy !