These yeast free pancakes are quick to make and make delicious for breakfast with jam, nut butter or maple syrup.
Makes about 5-6 pancakes
- 150 g Zea/Emmer/Farro (Triticum Dicoccum) flour
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- pinch of rock salt
- 250 ml milk of your choice
- Sweet spices such as cinnamon, cardamom… (optional)
- Place the flour, olive oil, salt, pepper and spices, in a bowl and gradually add milk, beating with a fork to remove any lumps and obtain a batter with light and airy consistency. Continue to add milk until you have reached a thick and smooth consistency.
- It is preferable to refrigerate the batter for min 1h or even over night. You may also use it immediately.
- Heat a non-sticky pan on medium temperature. When the pan is evenly heated, add 2 tbsp of the mixture.
- When the top is dry, flip over and cook the other side for a few minutes.
- Serve immediately with your favourite topping and according to your constitution!
TIP: Grate 1/2 an apple into the batter to make a delicious moist and sweet tasting yeast free pancake !
We choose to work with Zea flower as this ancient type of wheat which is rich in protein, fibers and minerals. It is also lower in gluten than other types of wheat. Although it is not gluten free.