Yummy ! Warm baked peaches for breakfast ! What a treat.
This deliciously sweet ayurvedic recipe is perfect for breakfast or as a snack. Suitable to all constitutions in spring and summer. The ayurveda baked peach recipe, is easy to digest, light and satisfying to the palate.
Any seasonal fruits can be substituted for the peaches.
AYURVEDA BAKED PEACHES
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 6-8 peaches
- 2 tsp moscovado or raw cane sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/4 tsp fresh vanilla
AYURVEDA BAKED PEACHES RECIPE
- Wash peaches thoroughly
- Slice peaches in half and remove the pit
- In a medium sized bowl mix your ayurvedic spices, sugar, and vanilla extract together with into 1 cup of water.
- Place peached in a oven baking tray or a Le Creuset type oven pot.
- Pour the spice mixture evenly over the peaches.
- Cover your ayurvedic dish and bake on 165C for one hour or until peaches are soft
- Leave to cool
Enjoy as it is or with porridge, on toast instead of jam !
Those with excess Vata or with generally dryer constitutions will benefit from adding a little ghee.
Bon appetit !