Baked fruits are a quick and healthy breakfast or snack option for all Ayurvedic constitutions.Vata may appreciate baked fruits with melted ghee, high Pitta constitutions may slightly reduce the amount of cinnamon and choose sweeter fruit types, whilst Kapha constitutions may choose sour fruits such as pineapple and be generous with spices.
Below are two variations of baked apple recipe, which can be adapted to any fruit selection.
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKED FRUITS
- 2-3 apples (or any other fruits suited to your constitution)
- Spices (cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger…)
- 1 tsp ghee per apple (for vata constitution)
- Raisins (soaked) and almond flakes (optional)
- Wash the apples and take the core out.
- Prikle the apples with a fork
- Stuff the core with a cinnamon stick (or powder), raisins (optional) and a little ghee or butter.
- Place in a Le Creuset-type cast iron pot. Close with the lid. You can also just place on a regular baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20min on 150 degrees.
- Then turn off the oven and leave them there as long as you need, or until soft and slightly caramelised.
- Serve warm sprinkled with roasted almonds flakes (optional)
- Wrap two apples in foil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, add cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Serve warm. Vata may add a little ghee before serving
Bon appétit !
Click here for more ayurvedic recipes.
Ayurvedic Practitioner – DipALN, DipAMT, DipPrac (Ayurveda)
Natural Health Digestion | Fertility | Stress & Anxiety
The Ayurveda Centre – Athens – Glyfada