Here’s a hearty Ayurveda breakfast omelet recipe. Easier to digest than traditional hard boiled egg, and nourishing to our muscle, fat and nerve tissues.
In Ayurveda, eggs are considered a muscle tonic, to help build semen and stamina, to promote virility, a skin tonic and highly nutritive.
The ayurvedic properties of eggs are Pitta (fire/water) and Kapha (water/earth) increasing and Vata (air/space) reducing.
Egg yolks are high in cholesterol.
Egg whites only are tridosha balancing – does not cause any imbalance to any consitution.
Pitta imbalance – As egg yolk are a little heating it is best to limit intake for pitta individuals or imbalances or opt for egg white omelet instead.
Cholesterol imbalance – please seek advise from a health practitioner for guidance on egg consumption.
Check out our food combination chart to optimise your digestion of eggs and prevent creation of toxins (ama).
Onto the recipe :
- Egg fresh /organic / free range – 4
- Selection of fresh herbs & leafs (spinach, parsley, coriander, basilic, fennel oregano etc.) – 2 -3 tbsp
- Spring onion or shallots – 2 tbsp
- Ginger – 2 slices
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper – pinch
- Salt – pinch
- Olive Oil
- Oats optional – 2 tbsp
- Rinse and chop the fresh herbs
- In a recipient beat the eggs slightly (use as many yolks as your consitution allows) with a little added water. Mix in salt, pepper, turmeric and fresh herbs and oats (if you have opted for a heartier ayurveda breakfast omelet)
- In a pan, heat the oil.
- Sautee the onions for 1 minute, add garlic and ginger. Sautee until frangant and just golden.
- Reduce the flame to low.
- Poor the egg mix (scramble a litte if you wish) and cook until the sides become crispy and the inside still a little soft.
- Remove from flame and enjoy your Ayurveda breakfast omelet plain or on sourdough bread, soda bread or home made yeast free chapatis.
Bon Appetit !
Ayurveda Practitioner (Nutrition – Lifestyle – Herbal Medicine – Massage Therapies)
DipPrac(Ayur), DipALN(Ayur), DipAMT(Ayur)
Trauma Informed Yoga | Meditation
Ayurveda Centre – Glyfada