Here’s a delicious and super easy Ayurveda winter soup recipe suitable to all consitutions. Filled with fresh, local & seasonal vegetable goodness. It is healthy and light to digest, making it the perfect evening supper. This soup recipe is vegan and gluten free. No excuses it takes just 5min to prep + cooking time and is just so delicious and creamy !
Cauliflower and broccoli, balance Kapha and Pitta and are aggravating for Vata. However with correct spicing, cooking method and a dash ghee or oil, cauliflower and broccoli do not cause a Vata aggravation.
For 2-3 servings
- 1 brocoli or cauliflower (choose the most suited to your taste)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 large onion
- olive oil (or ghee for vata)
- fresh aromatic herbs – t0 taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Wash the brocoli (or cauliflower)- slice in two if you wish
- Place in a baking tray the brocoli (or cauliflower), garlic cloves and onion (skin on is fine). Add 1 glass of water and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast until garlic are soft, then remove them.
- With a spoon pour juice/water over the remaining veggies and continue to roast until soft. Add a little water if needed.
- Once the veggies are cooked, remove from the oven, leave to cool for up to 5min then place in blender with a little bit warm water.
- Blend until super smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Maybe a dash more olive oil (or even vegan cream alternative). We want a nice creamy consistency.
- Serve your soup piping hot on a plate, add a squeeze of lime and a few chopped fresh aromatic herbs of your choice
- Your easy vegetable soup is ready to enjoy!
Feel free to have a bowl of rice, stir fried curcuma shrimps or warm chapatis on the side !
Bon appétit !
Elena Beurdeley is a certified Ayurveda Nutrition, Plant Medicine & Lifestyle Practitioner by the Ayurveda Institute in London. She practices Ayurveda Massage Therapies, and is a Trauma Informed Yooga Instructor. Full bio here