Here’s a quick & easy vegetable soup recipe for the autumn / winter season. Healthy, light & soothing, it’s perfect on humid, cold or windy autumn days. Easy on the digestive system it’s a great dinner option as it will prevent insomnia. This healthy ayurvedic soup recipe has very few calories and is a great choice for those trying to maintain a healthy weight. This soup recipe is vegan. It is suitable for all ayurvedic constitutions.
For 2-3 servings
- 4 turnips
- 2 leeks
- 3 handful spinach
- 3 clove garlic
- Fresh ginger (same amount as the garlic)
- 1 medium size onion
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- olive oil or ghee
- fresh aromatic herbs
- Wash, peel, chop all vegetables
- In pot heat a little olive oil or ghee. Add your onions first. Let them to get a little golden, just a little.
- Add your garlic and ginger. Stir 1-2 min.
- Add the leeks. Stir 2 min.
- Stir in your curry powder and then all the veggies except for the spinach.
- Cover with boiled water. Close the lid and cook on medium fire for about 10 min, then add your spinach. Cook until all has become soft.
- Blend until super smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. We want a nice creamy consistency.
- Serve your soup piping hot on a plate, add a squeeze of lime and a few chopped fresh aromatic herbs of your choice
- Your easy vegetable soup is ready to enjoy!
Bon appétit !
Find here an Ayurveda Autumn quick & delicious soup recipe or an Ayurveda winter soup recipe
Elena Beurdeley is a certified Ayurveda Nutrition, Plant Medicine & Lifestyle Practitioner by the Ayurveda Institute in London. She practices Ayurveda Massage Therapies, and is a Trauma Informed Yooga Instructor. Full bio here