This delicious Ayurvedic shake recipe is a delicious energiser that promotes peace of mind and healthy immune system.
The Sattvic date-almond shake recipe, is cooling in nature, energising, satisfying and grounding. It contributes to peace of mind, healthy reproductive system, strong Ojas (immune system) and strong bones. It is suitable for Vegan (if cow’s milk is replaced with almond milk).
Dates (Phoenix sylvestris) help improved appetite, are good for heart, they nourish all seven tissues. Dates also help relieve tiredness and anaemia. They help improve quality and quantity of sperm, as well as help in underweight disorders. They are beneficial for bleeding disorders and provide contentment. Dates are good for vata & pitta balancing.
Almonds help maintain skin moisture and nourish all the seven dhatus (tissues), especially Shukra dhatu (reproductive tissue). Almonds are vata balancing & are good for some pitta conditions. As they are diffiult to digest it is best to presoak them and remove their skin-especially where agni is low.
- 1 glass of milk (cows milk or vegan Almond milk)
- 2 medjool dates without the seed
- 3-4 almonds (pre-soaked) without skin
- Pre-soak the almonds and dates in separate containers overnight or for min 2hrs.
- Remove pit from dates and the skin of the almonds (alternatively you can buy blanched almonds)
- Mix the almonds, the dates in their water and the milk in a blender.
- Warm the milk and drink it in the morning or evening before bed.
This Ayurvedic date-almond shake recipe is suited to Pitta and Vata Dosha imbalances, in particular disorders of the nervous or reproductive system disorders. In case of weak Agni or sensitivity to dairy, prefer vegan milk alternative. You may also add a pinch of cinnamon. Always drink it at room temperature or warm, to preserve strength of your Agni.
To receive dietary and lifestyle advice suited to your constitution and your medical condition, it is preferable that you consult a qualified Ayurvedic physician or practitioner.