This delicious Ayurvedic shake recipe is a delicious energiser that promotes peace of mind and healthy immune system.
The Sattvic date-almond shake recipe, is cooling in nature, energising, satisfying and grounding. It contributes to peace of mind, healthy reproductive system, strong Ojas (immune system) and strong bones. It is suitable for Vegan (if cow’s milk is replaced with almond milk).
- 1 glass of milk (cows milk or vegan Almond milk)
- 2 medjool dates without the seed
- 3-4 almonds without skin
- Pre-soak the almonds and dates in separate containers overnight or for min 2hrs.
- Remove pit from dates and the skin of the almonds (alternatively you can buy blanched almonds)
- Mix the almonds, the dates in their water and the milk in a blender.
- Warm the milk and drink it in the morning or evening before bed.
This Ayurvedic date-almond shake recipe is suited to Pitta and Vata Dosha imbalances, in particular disorders of the nervous or reproductive system disorders. In case of weak Agni or sensitivity to dairy, prefer vegan milk alternative. You may also add a pinch of cinnamon. Always drink it at room temperature or warm, to preserve strength of your Agni.
To receive dietary and lifestyle advice suited to your constitution and your medical condition, it is preferable that you consult a qualified Ayurvedic physician or practitioner.