This coriander and ginger ayurvedic tea for cold & flu, helps boost your immunity in autumn, spring and winter and alleviate symptoms such as fever and body aches.
AYURVEDIC TEA FOR COLD & FLU RECIPE
This recipe is intended for general information to prevent and reduce symptoms of cold and flu naturally.
It does not replace any medication or medical consultation. We recommend you consult your physician or ayurvedic consultant for optimal dosage, posology and method of preparation according to your constitution and medical condition.
- For simple cold and flu prevention you can have 1 cup of this tea in the morning before breakfast – adjust the amount of ginger according to constitution (Pitta – or pitta conditions can have 1 slice ginger only)
- For Covid-19 early symptoms : 1-2 small cups of ayurvedic cold & flu prevention tea each day (it is best to replace coffee and tea with this drink). Max 3 cups or as recommended by your Ayureda practitioner.
- Or as recommended by your ayurvedic practitioner.
Ingredients (per cup):
- Whole coriander seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 250ml
- Fresh ginger – 1 thin slices
- Boil the water and coriander seeds in a pan for 7-10 minutes
- Just before turning the heat off, add 1 slices of ginger
- Drink a small cup of this cold & flu prevention tea warm
- Reheat as needed & drink up to 3 times a day (before breakfast/at noon / around 5pm) – in which case you will need to multiply the quantities by 3!
- After drinking this tea, you might experience a rise in body temperature and sweating and then cooling as it assists the body in killing pathogens. You may also urinate more frequently as the body is eliminating toxins through the urinary system
- Continue to drink this ayurvedic tea for as long as you have a fever / flu like symptoms with a new pot each day – do not keep overnight.
This recipe is extracted from COVID 19 remedies recommendation issued by The Ayurvedic Clinic in London.
Ayurveda Practitioner & Educator (Nutrition – Lifestyle – Herbal Medicine – Massage Therapies)
BA (Hons), DipPrac(Ayur), DipALN(Ayur), DipAMT(Ayur), Yoga Instructor