Coriander seeds infusion, is an essential Ayurvedic home remedy that helps improve digestion, reduce inflammation of the body, prevent allergies, migraines, menopausal symptoms and other pitta disorders.
Coriander seeds’ main properties are cooling and purifying. You can read all about the properties and benefits of coriander seeds here.
Coriander seeds cool down excessive fire in the body, helps with pitta disorders such as allergies, menopausal symptoms, acid reflux, diarrhoea, migraines, pitta type insomnia, pitta type psychological & neurological disorders, pitta type eczema or psoriasis, PMS, all auto-immune disorders, bacterial and yeast infections.
This ayurvedic drink quenches thirst, helps to flush toxins from the blood and urinary tract, balances acidity levels, promotes an alkaline body and is an excellent prevention remedy for viruses including COVID-19.
You may particularly enjoy this cooling ayurvedic remedy in the hot summer days. In the winter for cold & flu prevention we recommend an alternative preparation method. You can find details about the coriander and ginger infusion recipe here.
CORIANDER SEED INFUSION RECIPE
Please consult a certified Ayurvedic practitioner for optimal dosage and treatment. Dosage, preparation and posology will vary according to individual constitution, personal health condition, season etc.
Here is a general method of preparation :
- In the evening crush 3 tea spoons of coriander seeds. Add 300ml of room temperature water.
- Soak overnight at room temperature. In the summer seeds will require less soaking time, 2-4hrs will suffice – or in high temperatures can be placed in the fridge overnight.
- If you can expose to moon rays the cooling effect will be increased even more.
- In the morning filter and drink 100-150ml before breakfast with a little added warm water or at room temperature. Don’t drink all at once at this may dilute your digestive fire. Drink small sips at any one time.
- Wait a few minutes before drinking or eating anything.
Please note that preparation varies according to season and individual constitutions.
If your practitioner has asked you to have it 2 x per day, please either prepare 2 portions at night and keep one in a air tight thermos for the afternoon, or prepare the second portion in the morning and filter it early afternoon, then enjoy it between meals warm or at room temperature.
For Covid-19 early symptoms or prevention The Ayurvedic Clinic in London recommends the following: “If you are not experiencing any rise in temperature or any cough or cold you can take one glass of coriander water three times a week, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach”
We recommend that you consult a certified Ayurvedic practitioner for optimal dosage, preparation method and treatment.
Certified Ayurvedic Nutrition & Lifestyle Consultant – DipPrac (Ayur), DipALN (Ayur),
Ayurvedic Massage Therapist – DipAMT (Ayur)
Hatha Yoga, Yin Yoga & Trauma Informed Yoga Instructor
Traditional Thai Yoga Massage
BA (Hons) International Business