Clearly ice cream is not part of a recommended Ayurvedic diet. That said, this banana vegan ice cream is the best alternative if you feel like something to cool you down in the hot summer days!
All natural, just ONE ingredient, no added sugar and dairy free, it is the perfect alternative to your regular ice cream and taste just as nice!
If you have ice cream on a hot day, in between meals, when feeling appetite and you are in good health and of pitta constitution, this will not cause you any problems if taken with joy and in moderation!
Light warning for kapha constitutions or imbalances, and any one with a very weak digestive fire. Also avoid this as a desert or late at night. In doubt ask a certified practitioner.
Onto the recipe now!
BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE
1 – 2 ripe banana(s) (preferably in season and from Crete or a nearby country)
- Make sure you chose ripe bananas
- Peel the bananas and chop into pieces
- Place into an air tight container in the freezer for about 2-3hrs
- Place banana pieces into a blender. Pulse and then blend until you have reached the desired consistency. There should not be any bits left, just a smooth ice cream consistency.
- You can add a tiny pinch of rose salt, then mix a little longer to make the mixture nice and airy.
- Remove from blender, place in a bowl.
- Add any healthy toppings you wish (roasted almonds, coconut flakes, cinnamon…) no other fruits please!
- Enjoy fresh !
You can keep the ice cream in the freezer some days like a regular ice cream. Although would suggest just preparing one portion…when you feel like it to avoid unwanted ice cream snacking overload.
More ayurveda approved ice cream alternative
Certified Ayurveda Practitioner & Therapist – Yoga Instructor