This nourishing avocado-almond mousse recipe is a delicious sweet, cooling and grounding snack, that contributes to a healthy reproductive system.
Th Ayurvedic mousse recipe, is cooling, energising, alkaline, nourishing and grounding. It contributes to healthy reproductive system, good for the heart, improves energy levels and satisfaction. Avocado also contributes to blood purification. The avocado-almond mousse is suitable for Vegan and vegetarians.
- 1 glass of Almond milk (home made or unsweetened organic store milk)
- 2 medjool dates without the seed
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 3-4 almonds without skin
- Pre-soak the almonds and dates in separate containers overnight or for min 2hrs.
- Remove pit from dates and the skin of the avocado and the almonds (alternatively you can buy blanched almonds)
- Mix the avocado, almonds, the dates in their water and the milk in a blender, until reached desired consistency.
- Warm up the mixture if necessary to reach room temperature.
- Enjoy it as a healthy snack instead of a desert, yoghurt or ice cream!
This nourishing avocado-almond mousse recipe is suited to Pitta and Vata Dosha imbalances, in particular for wasting disorders and disorders of the reproductive system disorders. In case of weak Agni (digestive system) you can reduce the proportion and have only 1/2 a portion. You may also add a pinch of cinnamon. Always eat this delicious snack at room temperature or warm, to preserve strength of Agni.
To receive dietary and lifestyle advice suited to your constitution and your medical condition, it is preferable that you consult a qualified Ayurvedic physician or practitioner.