This healthy ayurveda inspired apple cake recipe is delicious as a breakfast or a healthy snack. It is moist and light and has only healhty ingredients.
Easy to digest, and no sugar spike with the special spice mix. In winter season it is specially enjoyable with a nice cup of chai
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 250g zea flour
- 250g jaggery or moscovado sugar
- 3 organic eggs
- 500g of apples (cooking variety, peeled & cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 250g olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- optional (1 greek yoghurt)
- Peel and chop the apple into 2 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Mix oil and sugar together
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time
- Add the flour, baking powder and spices
- Mix together into smooth consitency
- Oil a cake tin, add a little flour and pour over the apple cake mixture.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 20-40mins. Use a knife to check if the mixture has cooked. You will know it the knife comes out dry.
Enjoy the apple cake warm with friends by the fire place ! Or as a delicious morning breakfast treat.