And one easy recipe for an quick healthy dinner, a takeaway lunch or even a hearty breakfast. The healthy veggie pesto wrap is suitable to all constitutions and adaptable to all seasons !
This is not a traditional Ayurvedic recipe per se, however it includes dosha constitutional recommendations, seasonal vegetables recommendations, adequate spicing and preparation method and compatible ingredients for a dish suitable to all constitutions and easy to digest.
You will also get a good amount of protein with the nut pesto and boost it even more if you choose a high protein type of flour for your wrap.
Onto the recipe!
- Wrap (your choice of wholewheat/gluten free/yeast free home-made flat bread/organic/chickpea)
For the filling :
- Seasonal organic vegetables (sweet potatoes, pumpkin, brocoli, turnip, caulifower, spinach, onions etc in autumn/winter for example)
- Curry powder
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
For the pesto :
- pre-soaked nuts (choice of almonds, cashews, pumkin seeds, sunflower seeds, also can be mixed)
- olive oil
- a bunch of fresh seasonal green herbs (your choice of parsley, basil, mint, chive, aneth, rocka, oregano etc…)
- lime, orange or lemon juice
- a little water
- a little salt
- otional (a tiny bit of raw garlic)
Constitution notes (to discover your consitution click here):
- Kapha – avoid sweet potato and prefer green leafy veg
- Pitta avoid the raw garlic and don’t over do it with the spicing. Avoid excessive carrots or leeks.
- Vata reduce proportion of cruciferous. Although with the spices and in moderation they will be ok to digest.
For the filling
- Wash, peel and cut the vegetables in small squares.
- Place in baking tray. Pour olive oil and seasoning. Toss. Add a little water. Cover with foil and bake until soft on 200 C.
For the pesto
- Pre-soak the nuts & seeds for min 20min and up to 4hrs then drain the water and rinse.
- Wash the leaves thoroughly and chop
- Put leaves, nuts and seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, seasoning and a little water into a blender.
- Blend until reach a smooth pesto consistency.
Making the wraps
- Warm up your wraps in a pan or in the oven. Covered to keep them soft.
- Add pesto and vegetables to taste. Add a drizzle of olive oil. Close and enjoy guiltfree with your hands 🙂
- Bon appetit !