Here’s a quick and delicious healthy autumn soup recipe. Nourishing, grounding, warming and easy to digest it is a perfect meal for the humid, cold and windy autumn days. This is a vegan soup suitable for all constitutions in particular for vata and pitta imbalances.
For 2 servings
- 4 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 leeks
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 3 hand full red lentils
- butter or ghee
- Wash, peel, chop all vegetables
- Rinse lentils thoroughly until water is clear
- In a pressure cooker heat a little oil, ghee or butter. Add your leeks first. Let them to get a little golden, just a little.
- Add your garlic. Stir 1-2 min.
- Stir in your curry powder and then all the veggies.
- Cover with boiling water. Close the lid and pressure cook on level 1 for about 10 min (or until soft). Blend until super smooth. Add salt and pepper and butter to taste. We want a nice creamy consistency.
- Whilst your veggies are cooking, boil your lentils in a separate pot. Add just enough water and cover so you reach a mushy/crunchy consistency. We still want them fully cooked but not soupy.
- Serve your soup piping hot on a plate, add a few spoons of your lentils in the middle and top with a scoop of ghee or butter!
- It is ready to enjoy! You can decorate with parsley and mix the soup together with the lentils if you wish…whatever you feels tasate nice.
- I enjoyed mine with a buttered slice of pumpernikel bread.
Bon appétit !