A light and fresh green pea salad suitable for all constitutions in spring and early summer. Eat warm or at room temperature (not cold) to avoid reducing the digestive fire (agni).
Individuals with a predominent Vata constitution or those with a Vata dosha imbalance, can be more generous with oil or use ghee, make sure to cook the green peas and potatoes well enough. If they have a tendency to constipation using a little cumin and black pepper or using sweet potatoes as an alternative will help maintain a healthy bowel movement.
Individuals with a predominent Kapha constitutions ,or those with Kapha dosha imbalance will enjoy this recipe in moderation and preferably at lunch time. They can be more generous with pepper, fresh mint and coriander leafs.
Now onto the healthy ayurvedic green pea salad recipe !
AYURVEDIC GREEN PEA SALAD
- Fresh green peas
- Baby Potatoes
- Coriandre leafs
- Organic Olive Oil
- Himalayan Salt
- Lime or lemon
- Remove peas from their pods.
- Wash potatoes
- Boil the potatoes until soft but not mushy !
- Remove the potato skin, once they have cooled down, and cut them in chunks
- Boil peas for just a few minutes until tender but again not mushy
- In a bowl, place potatoes chuncks, peas, drizzle with olive oil, add pinch of salt and pepper, and toss all together.
- Top with mint and coriander leafs, toss again litghtly, paying attention not to squash the potatoes and peas up!
- Leave to rest 15min for the flavours to nicely infuse the vegetables
- Squeeze a dash of lime or fresh lemon
Enjoy this delicious ayurvedic green pea salad warm or cool !!