Black raisins are praised and used in many cultures for their unique properties. In Ayurveda, black raisins juice they are known in particular to improve appetite, eye sight and libido, to relieve stress, constipation and thirst.
Black raisins are known as draksha. They are great for balancing vata and pitta dosha due to their cooling nature. They also are unctuous, oily, heavy and sweet providing nourishment ot the body.
- Black raisins – About 100
- Water – 1 L
- Wash raisins thoroughly
- Soak raisins in water overnight
- Blend raisins and water together
- Add a little more water to dilute the concentrated raisin juice
- Filter through a sieve and enjoy at room temperature.
For individual prescription according to your condition please consult a qualified ayurveda practitioner.