A healthy veggie pesto packed with nut protein, that can be added to your favourite pasta dish, in a wrap or as a dip or a dressing for any roasted vegetable or salad dish.
- Handful pre-soaked nuts (choice of no skin almonds, cashews, pumkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds. Also can be mixed)
- 1-2 tbsp Organic olive oil
- A bunch of fresh seasonal green herbs (choice of parsley, basil, mint, chive, aneth, roka, oregano etc…trust your intuition)
- 1-2 lime juice
- 1-2 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp hymalayan salt
- 2-3 slices fresh ginger
- Pepper to taste
- Optional – 1/2 clove raw garlic. Not for sensitive stomach or pitta constitutions. Then prefer roasted garlic.
- Optional – roasted or boiled greens or root veggies (any leftovers work just fine – love it with steamed brocoli or roasted pumpkin!)
Constitution notes (to discover your consitution click here):
- Kapha – no root veggies, can add a tsp honey
- Pitta avoid the raw garlic and don’t over do it with the spicing. Avoid cashews and oily seeds. Reduce the lime juice to taste,
- Vata no raw garlic. Can increase the proportion of almonds (pre-soaked). No cruciferous, prefer root veggies.
- Pre-soak the nuts & seeds for up to 4hrs then drain the water and rinse well.
- Wash the herbs thoroughly and chop
- Put all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until reach a smooth pesto consistency.
Enjoy this delicious pesto as a complete veggie, protein, carb meal with a yeast free pancake, chapati, with zea pasta or rice, or in a wrap !