This nourishing avocado-almond smoothie recipe is a delicious sweet, cooling and grounding snack, that contributes to a healthy reproductive system.
This Ayurvedic smoothie recipe, is cooling, energising, alkaline, nourishing and grounding. It contributes to healthy tissues and in particular our reproductive tissues (shukra dhatu), good for the heart, improves energy levels and satisfaction. Avocado also contributes to blood purification. The avocado-almond mousse is suitable for Vegan and vegetarians.
Dates (Phoenix sylvestris) help improved appetite, are good for heart, they nourish all seven tissues. Dates also help relieve tiredness and anaemia. They help improve quality and quantity of sperm, as well as help in underweight disorders. They are beneficial for bleeding disorders and provide contentment. Dates are good for vata & pitta balancing.
Almonds help maintain skin moisture and nourish all the seven dhatus (tissues), especially Shukra dhatu (reproductive tissue). Almonds are vata balancing & are good for some pitta conditions. As they are diffiult to digest it is best to presoak them and remove their skin-especially where agni is low.
Avocado are heavy, oily, and cool. They help balance vata and pitta. Avocadoes are grounding and lubricate the intestines and dry lungs. They help soothe joints, moisturize dry hair, skin and nails, and enhance libido.
- 1 glass of Almond milk (home made or unsweetened organic store milk)
- 2 medjool dates without the seed
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 3-4 almonds without skin
- Pre-soak the almonds and dates in separate containers overnight or for min 2hrs.
- Remove pit from dates and the skin of the avocado and the almonds (alternatively you can buy blanched almonds)
- Mix the avocado, almonds, the dates in their water and the milk in a blender, until reached desired consistency.
- Warm up the mixture if necessary to reach room temperature.
- Enjoy it as a healthy snack instead of a desert, yoghurt or ice cream!
This nourishing avocado-almond mousse recipe is suited to Pitta and Vata Dosha imbalances, in particular for wasting disorders and disorders of the reproductive system disorders. In case of weak Agni (digestive system) you can reduce the proportion and have only 1/2 a portion. You may also add a pinch of cinnamon, cardamom or clove.
Always eat this delicious snack at room temperature or warm, to preserve strength of Agni.
Another alternative to ice cream is this delicious summer treat : BANANA VEGAN ICE CREAM
To receive dietary and lifestyle advice suited to your constitution and your medical condition, it is preferable that you consult a qualified Ayurvedic physician or practitioner.