Do you ever feel like staying in bed and eating a warm creamy pastry ? Well we’ve got the perfect healthy alternative to satisfy your need for sweetness and unctuousnes withoout compromising on your digestive health and balance of tridosha (vata, pitta, kapha).
This ojas building hot spicy vegan milk is particularly suited to vata or pitta constitutions and imbalances. Kapha predominent consitutions can also indluge in moderation and increase those spices which tend to balance kapha, increase agni (digestive fire) and reduce ama (toxins).
Some of the ayurvedic spices we used are :
- Cardamom which balances all three Doshas in particular Kapha dosha in the stomach and the lungs. It is also has a pacifying effect on Vata dosha.
- Cloves improves circulation, digestion and metabolism. They relieve pain (especially throat/mouth/teeth) and act as an anti-biotic.Clove is useful to reduce gas, bloating and nausea.
- Ginger stimulates agni and eliminate ama. It detoxifies rakta dhatu and help remove blockage from the blood vessels and helps to maintain a healthy heart. It is also used in case of cold & flu.
- Nutmeg pacifies Vata and Kapha and increases Pitta. It can be used as a anti-fungal and works well with candida. Nutmeg helps in calming the nervous system and improves blood circulation to the reproductive organ. In ayurveda, it is also used as a natural sleep aid, normally taken in warm milk before bed.
- Cinnamon is full of anti-oxident, helps relieve inflammation, treating diabetes and supports weight loss. Cinnamon is useful for menstrual disorders, viral infestion and heart diseases.
- Tahini is a fantastic source of calcium, iron, zinc, protein, fiber, healthy fats, vitamins E and B. It reduces vata imbalances through its sweet and heavy qualities. It is highly nourishing and promote healthy bones and menstrual system. It promotes energy, immunity and increase Ojas. It promotes healhty elimination. May be slightly aggravating to pitta constitution.
On to the recipe now !
- Almond milk – 1 cup
- Tahini – 1 tsp (or according to constitution)
- Maple syrup (or honey for kapha constitution) – according to taste
- Spices (ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg)
- In a pot warm up milk with a pinch each of the chosen spices. Bring it to a boil then sweitch off, cover and leave for 5min to infuse.
- Pour into a mug, add desired amount of tahini and honey or maply syrup to taste and according to constitution
- Enjoy this delicious cup of hot spicy vegan milk warm as a breakfast or before bed !
Bon Appétit !